Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Children Get Stressed Too!


Although I'm divorced and my son doesn't live with me, I stay in close contact. He is a teenager and of course he doesn't tell me everything at first. We are working on that. I know many of you can relate. Even when they are going through stressful periods in their life. Many times what happens is it begins to become evident in their school work and attitude of a "I just don't care" attitude. Sometimes to really get th open up is like pulling teeth. One thing I tell my son is, "No matter how mad you think I may get, just tell me what's going on. I would rather know and be upset, then to find out something happened that could have been prevented if only you would open up and talk to me." Parents don't ignore your children when they are down and out and don't be too hard on them before you get to the root cause of what's bothering them. Once you know everything, then if you need to come down hard on them do so. It will help save your future headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment