Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR CHILDREN!


I can pinpoint the time my children really began to have some rebellion issues, but back then, I just couldn't see what was really going on. The transition of my mom who I took care of for two years and right before that, the separation of me and my husband took a toll on my children. Because I was in my own depressed state, I was of no help to them. The communication wasn't there. It was just, "Do as I say!" That was it.

I didn't make available the proper outlet for them to mourn over the loss of two important people in their lives, really three because I was not open to listen to their cry, and that's when the "DRAMA" began. And trust me we went through the fire until I allowed God to work on me. Then my eyes were open to see why I had such a hard time with them.

Once I put myself in their shoes, I realized that it was my fault. I should have been the listening ear, their pillow to cry on, whatever they needed at their time of grief. This wasn't easy, because I was so trapped in my own grief to see they needed me more.

Today, the healing has taken place and we are not picking up the pieces, but have dealt with those issues of the past and with forgiveness and love, our relationship has been restored. Only God made this happen, once I let go and let Him work in our lives.

Parent's do you owe your children an apology for not being the right example for them; not being the listening ear or the open heart to hear their cry. They do have a voice and should be heard. Keeping a healthy relationship with your children based on unconditional love, open communication and taking quality time to be in their presence, will make all the difference in the world.

IT HAS FOR ME. I DIDN'T GIVE UP ON MY CHILDREN, DON'T GIVE UP ON YOURS! YOU CAN TURN THOSE SCARS INTO STARS! I HAVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment