Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Little things done out of the norm for you, may mean so much to someone else.


Two of my sister's share a birthday in the same month, one year and two days apart. It was never like me to buy birthday cards, but this year I had the urge to do something different. Well, being that we are not only not in the same house anymore, but they both live out-of-state. So just giving a card would for me take a little more effort than placing it in their hands.

So, I went to the store, and the first two cards were the prefect two. It was like they jumped out at me. I didn't have to look any further, but of course the reasoning mind had me to look further. Still the first two were the best. I made it home signed the cards and placed them in a packaging envelope. And the next day it snowed. Another challenge, because I didn't desire to go out, but I did and mailed the letters.

I also called them both and they were really pleased and "surprised" to receive the cards, something out of the ordinary for me. Little things, out of the norm for us, mean so much to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment