Monday, January 31, 2011

WHEN YOU'RE NOT APPRECIATED FOR ALL YOU DO!


What do you do when you're not appreciated for all you do? Do you stop giving until you receive something in return or the praise you deserve? Do you yell and scream at those who have taken you for granted? Do you say nothing and just keep giving?

This just happened to me recently and I was very disappointed. I made an agreement with someone dear to me. Not only did I hold up my end, but I gave even more than I said I would give and he dropped the ball when it was passed to him. He didn't hold up his end and left me hanging without a phone call or apology.

I waited a few days to see if I would receive a phone call and decided to reach out to him. Not only did this person not apologize, but lied and said, "I was just about to call you." I said, tell me the truth and he said, "Well, I thought about calling you." In the calmest way, I mentioned all I did and what he didn't do. I also mentioned how disappointed I was and said, "Good night". Well, I haven't heard from him yet. But, it's OK, because I kept my word and that is what matters the most to me. I do know that the agreement is off until he makes up for his loss and even after that I chose to call the agreement off completely until he can prove himself worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment