Friday, October 15, 2010

DIVORCED BUT FRIENDS


I've been divorced for 10 yrs now, and struggled with my X after the break-up. Why? I wondered, it was over. I wasn't happy the way it ended, but it was necessary. And although it didn't work out after 7yrs., I didn't hold that against him. Well, maybe in the beginning, because my desire was to marry one time, and the children were my concern. But I got over it quick....my X dragged it out for many years. I just let it be and contacted him as little as possible to avoid dramatic arguments.


After many years of not being able to have a decent conversation with my X, my son was the one who made this happen, believe it or not. I had been wanting to get his father to see, that it wasn't about us anymore, but what we could do to still make life easy for our son. Of course my X couldn't see past the bitterness he had for me. So, my son had to suffer.....and this hurt my heart.

Now being a teenager, my son made some demands for us to work this family thing out or he would rebel in the worse way. Guess what, we finally got it together....I thank God for my son. At least one of us had enough sense to take some serious action and bring us back together as a family. I'm not saying my X and I are back together, but we do things still as a family. Why? We are friends and that makes my son a happy young man.

Forgiveness is the Key to make Family Glory a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment