Thursday, December 30, 2010

LET IT GO FOREVER, NOT JUST BECAUSE IT'S THE HOLIDAY!


I had a family member call me for the holiday, to say, "We're still family". What happen to get us to this point was in the summer I had put up with all I could take with her gossip and negative talk about everybody she can think of. That's just not the company I keep.

I figured to myself, that if she talks about everybody else in the family to me, then she probably was talking about me to other members of the family. The "straw that broke the camel's back" was when I was experiencing some serious family issues. Instead of calling to pray with me or encourage me, she started talking about what she heard and wanted me to confirm if it was true.

I politely told her it's not to be discussed and hung up the phone. I haven't reached out to her since....but then, I received a call. Why? Christmas time brings out the best in people. At this point, I let it go, well never held a grudge, just didn't desire to be associated with gossipers. So, in other words, I told her I would come visit soon. Hopefully she's changed.

Do you have people in your family that just love to spread the family secrets around? What ever happened to family unity when "what happens behind closed doors, stays behind closed doors"?

No comments:

Post a Comment